Bid Farewell to Skin Tags: Skin Tag Removal in Abu Dhabi
Skin tags are generally painless and don’t cause discomfort. However, they can become irritated and painful if they are constantly rubbed against clothing or jewelry, leading to the formation of blood clots. If you find these growths on your eyelids, neck, armpits, groin folds, or under your breasts bothersome, you may consider opting for skin tag removal at Enfield Royal Clinic in Abu Dhabi. By removing these skin tags, you can alleviate any potential pain, irritation, and discomfort associated with friction, improving your overall comfort and well-being.
What is Skin Tag Removal?
A skin tag is a benign growth that typically appears as a small, brown or skin-coloured protrusion ranging from a few millimeters to 5cm. It may resemble raised bumps or warts and consists of loose collagen fibers and blood vessels enveloped by the skin.
While skin tags are common, they are harmless and generally do not cause any pain or discomfort. However, for some individuals, especially when they appear on noticeable areas such as the neck or hands, skin tags can impact self-esteem and cause self-consciousness.
Causes for the Problem:
While the exact cause of skin tags is not always understood, one common factor is the rubbing of skin against the skin. Skin tags can develop in anyone, and unfortunately, they cannot be completely prevented. However, certain factors may increase the likelihood of developing skin tags:
- Obesity or Skin Folds: People who are living with obesity or have skin folds that experience friction are more prone to developing skin tags.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Individuals with type 2 diabetes, particularly those with severe insulin resistance, may be more susceptible to the growth of skin tags.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes during pregnancy are believed to contribute to developing skin tags.
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
Skin tags occur in both men and women. Although they are noncancerous and benign, many individuals desire to remove them. If you relate to any of the following, you may be an ideal candidate for a skin tag method:
- Presence of abnormal skin growths or bumps on any part of the body.
- Experience physical discomfort or irritation caused by abnormal skin changes.
- Seek to enhance your appearance by eliminating these protruding skin tags.
Techniques to Treat the Issue:
There are two common techniques used for skin tag removal:
- Excision Removal: This method is performed under local anesthesia, ensuring a painless procedure. It involves using a scalpel to carefully cut off the skin tag. Following the removal, a small pink or white scar may be left in its place.
- Cryotherapy: This procedure involves freezing the skin tag using nitrogen in liquid form applied to the targeted area. By freezing the skin tag, the cells and collagen fibers within it are destroyed, and its blood supply is blocked. Eventually, the skin tag will naturally fall off. Temporary skin irritation and discolouration may occur in some cases, and additional treatment sessions may be necessary if the skin tag does not detach on its own.
- Laser Tag Removal: Skin tag removal through laser treatment utilizes a focused and intense light beam. The laser effectively burns and eliminates the tissues of the skin tag, causing it to detach naturally. This outpatient procedure typically lasts around 30 minutes, providing a convenient and efficient option for removing skin tags.
- Cauterization: Cauterization is a method in which a handheld device is used to apply an electric charge, effectively burning the tissues of the skin tag. This process causes the skin tag to detach and fall off. As an outpatient treatment, cauterization typically does not require a recovery period, allowing you to resume your regular activities promptly.
How is the Cost Done?
The cost of skin tag removal can vary depending on factors such as the number of tags to be removed, the chosen treatment method, and the complexity of your individual case. We recommend scheduling an initial consultation with one of our experienced dermatologists to obtain an accurate cost assessment. During the consultation, they will evaluate your specific situation and provide you with the necessary information regarding the cost of the procedure.
When to Consult a Doctor?
It’s important to note that other skin conditions, such as warts and moles, can sometimes resemble skin tags. Since certain moles can be cancerous, it is advisable to have your skin tags examined by a doctor. Both dermatologists and family doctors have the expertise to diagnose skin tags. Typically, a visual examination in person is conducted which will help you in getting the idea of treatment.
While most skin tags are noncancerous growths, if your skin tag appears atypical or raises suspicion, your doctor may recommend a biopsy as a precautionary measure. This involves taking a small tissue sample for further examination to rule out any potential concerns.
Is the Treatment Safe?
Skin tag removal treatments are typically safe and associated with minimal post-treatment side effects. However, it is important to prioritize your safety and seek these treatments from a qualified general practitioner instead of attempting to remove a skin tag yourself. A qualified doctor has the necessary knowledge and expertise to perform the procedure safely and effectively, ensuring the best possible outcome for you.